Ponte de Lima Wine Cellar was founded in 1959. It is located on Conde de Bertiandos Street, in the village of Ponte de Lima – Portugal’s oldest village – the Adega currently has a capacity of eleven million liters. Ponte de Lima winery, being the institutional expression of about 2000 producers, their families and workers, is undoubtedly the most relevant structure – if you wish – the largest company in the municipality of Ponte de Lima.
In 1998, the Wine Cellar was awarded Quality Certification by the NP EN ISO 9001 Standard, awarded by APCER – Portuguese Certification Association, thus becoming the first wine cellar in the country to have this certification.
The Ponte de Lima Winery is part of the Lima sub-region, one of the nine sub-regions that make up the Demarcated Region of Vinhos Verdes, northwest of Portugal, which, due to its natural soil and climate characteristics and the varieties it possesses , produces very different wines, but with common characteristics, moderately alcoholic, fruity and fresh.